Plastic and Microvascular Surgery Physician Assistant (Full-time)
Excellent leadership opportunity for a Physician Assistant that has Plastic and Microvascular experience.
The Lead Plastics and Microvascular PA will be responsible for building and developing a comprehensive cosmetic and medical APP service, in collaboration with the Service Line Chief. The lead will be responsible for providing supervised clinical services for patients in both the ambulatory and acute-care settings (including perioperative). The Lead will also assist the Service Line Chief with administrative duties, such as quality assurance, staffing, clinical operations, and program growth. All duties are in collaboration with supervising physician, services are provided under the rules regulations, and policies established by the approved job description of the State of Maryland, BPQA, HCFA, AMA, and AAMC.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Assists Chief of Service in the development and adoption of evidence-based clinical protocols for the Plastic & Microvascular Program.
• Assists Chief of Service in the development of performance measures and continuing education programs for all (APP’s) within the Plastic & Microvascular program. Also monitors the performance of all APP staff in adhering to standards of care delivery, professionalism, patient privacy and risk management.
• Assists Chief of Service with planning and staff recruitment, and interviews and screens all APP candidates. Ensures service is adequately staffed at all times. Monitors APP staff adherence to corporate policy and procedures. Ensures APP staff have appropriate orientation and training to perform to standards.
• Collects data pertinent to the patient’s health and situation including interpreting diagnostic tests and procedures relevant to the patient’s status, and performs minor surgical and cosmetic procedures.
• Formulate a treatment plan for problems within scope of practice. Implement therapeutic intervention for specific conditions when appropriate. Exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral, or evaluation by the supervising surgeon, or other health care professionals.
• Compares and contrasts clinical findings, normal and abnormal variations in formulating a diagnosis.
• Identifies assessment, diagnostic strategies, and therapeutic interventions within the plan that reflect current evidence, including data, research, literature and expert clinical knowledge; collaborates with physician on the plan as needed.
• Cares directly for clients and helps manage complex patients. Promotes patient engagement by explaining treatment plan, identifying and addressing any expected obstacles.
• Leads the quality and patients satisfaction review process, incorporating feedback into improvement plans and associated quality forums. Uses quality data to enhance effectiveness of care delivery.
• Uses current health care research findings and other evidence to expand clinical knowledge, and enhance role performance and increase knowledge of professional issues
• Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant School or graduate of an accredited school of nursing as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
• Ten (10) years of related Plastic / Microvascular Surgery clinical experience as a PA.
• Lead or supervisory experience required.
• Licensed as a Physician’s Assistant in the State of Maryland or eligible
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will or will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
If you are wanting to be the beacon of hope for your patients and you have what we are looking for - send your CV to email@example.com or fax to 443-481-3728