|Job Title:||PA / NP Family Medicine El Paso TX|
|Employer:||Vighter Medical Group|
|Location:||El Paso, TX|
|Provider Category:||Advanced Practice Providers (PA's, APRN's)|
|Provider Type:||Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner|
|New Grads OK?||No|
Title: Mid-Level Primary Care Provider (PA or NP)
Location: On-site Various Locations
The Mid-Level is either a Physician Assistant (PA) or a Nurse Practitioner (NP) and is responsible to assist the physician with medical services to children in an on-site children's residential facility. Responsible to assist the physician during assessment, intake and daily medical needs of the children during their stay at the facility. They ensure contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the on-site residential facility.
· Physician or Medical Director.
· Physician Assistant (PA) or a Nurse Practitioner (NP) supports the shelter medical functions and will treat children within these settings.
· Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physicals of children.
· Performs stand medical care for all children such as: intake assessment of health status, initial medical examination, disease diagnosis, plan of care development, treatment modalities, monitoring, requesting necessary tests and evaluation of children's health status.
· Conducts rounds and refers children as needed to a specialist or hospital ER
· Screens for TB and other contagious disease.
· Recommends appropriate isolation as needed to protect health of child and others.
· Screens for pregnancy.
· Physician Assistant (PA) or a Nurse Practitioner (NP) oversees or administer vaccinations.
· Orders X-Ray for additional screening and reviews for possible outside referral.
· Provides prescriptions for youth as needed.
· Physician Assistant (PA) or a Nurse Practitioner (NP) coordinates with Pharmacist.
· Coordinates with mental health providers and case managers.
· Documents accurately in medical records, medication administration record, and other databases according to training guidelines
· Serves as a resource to the medical personnel
· Educates children on disease process, medication regimen, and healthy lifestyle choice.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies "close calls" and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
· Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
Experience & Education:
· Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant school.
· Unrestricted license in the state of service.
· Physician Assistant (PA) or a Nurse Practitioner (NP) must be bilingual in Spanish and English. (Read, Write, Speak)
· 3 years of experience in pediatrics or adolescent medicine.
· Clean criminal background check.
· Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check.
· Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
· Proficiency with computer skills, especially Microsoft Office products.
· Current national certification in specialty area such as NCCPA, AANP, or ANCC.
· Have and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
· 2 years of experience in emergency medicine.
· Must be able to ascend/descend stairs.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, heat, lightning, and winds)
· Must be able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.
· Must be able to stand; particular for sustained periods of time.
· Must be able to receive and understand detailed information through oral communication.
· Physician Assistant (PA) or a Nurse Practitioner (NP) must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
· Must be willing to work over time if necessary
· Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
· Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
· Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
· Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
· Must complete Urine Drug Screen
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and or any other characteristic protected by law. Position is contingent upon contract award.